Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bud Tumantangis still stimulates Bangsa Sug's Heart and Mind



BUD TUMANTANGIS is a song of the Tausug.
Bud Tumantangis at dusk.




Ha paglunsul-lunsul ku

Naglangan susa-atay

Bang ta kaw katumtuman

Mapasandung in limabay.






In kasi ku kaymu

Tuhan in taghinduan

In jantung ku magiling

Bang kaw ri’ katandawan.


Bud Tumantangis ku

Pagun kaw pakusuga

Tausug anak-apu’ mu

Ihilas dugu’-nywa.


Ha tanda’ sin paglasa

Hijanji’ ku hisapa

Di’ ta kaw pasusahun

Ha pagbawgbug bangsa.


Bud Tumantangis ku

Mahugut in pangatay

Misan hi siyu atu

Tindugan da ha pantay.


Bang kadal ku mabut na

Ha pasal mu tagama

Misan ha lupa’ punud

Di’ matay in paglasa.






English meaning paraphrased (Bud tumantangis):


In my aimless perambulating

To lull the heart in pain and grieving

As your image forms in my mind

The past is relived in nostalgic conjuring.


My love for you is divinely taught

Perchance why my heart becomes tottered to the root

When even short glimmers of you

Come in instants so rarely brought.


My Bud Tumantangis

Hold firm, be steadfastly strong

Tausugs your seeds eagerly waiting in vibrant throng

Their blood and soul to offer you

Whether you are right or you are wrong.


In the name of love I swear I vow

Ne’er shall I make you grieve from here and now

We are here for you hearts aboiling

If it’s to uphold the Bangsa and thou.


My Bud Tumantangis

Your heart solid resolute and stout

Oppressors from within, as those from without

In the battlefield you relish confronting,

Everyone of them, in a flesh-shredding bout.


If my life’s term expires because of you

Don’t anguish, for I’m always cleansed ready to go

In the graveyard I assure my love for you persists

And I’d have offered my life again if I had two.






No comments:

Post a Comment